What is Resin Glue Powder Used For
Urea formaldehyde resin (UF) is a polycondensation of urea and formaldehyde into an initial urea formaldehyde resin under the action of a catalyst (alkaline or acid catalyst), and then forms an insoluble and insoluble final thermosetting resin under the action of a curing agent or auxiliary agent.
The cured urea formaldehyde resin is lighter than the phenolic resin in color, translucent, resistant to weak acids and weak alkalis, good insulation performance, excellent abrasion resistance, and low price. It is the most used variety in adhesives, especially in the wood processing industry In the manufacture of various wood-based panels, urea formaldehyde resin and its modified products account for about 90% of the total amount of adhesives.
However, urea formaldehyde resin is easy to decompose in case of strong acid and strong alkali, and has poor weather resistance, poor initial adhesion, large shrinkage, high brittleness, water resistance, and easy aging. Wood-based panels produced with urea formaldehyde resin have formaldehyde release during the manufacturing and use process. Therefore, it must be modified.
Urea formaldehyde resin is mainly used to prepare amino alkyd baking paint with alkyd resin to improve the hardness and dryness of the paint film. It can be combined with non-drying alkyd resin to make acid-curable amino paint for finishing wood furniture. However, weather resistance, water resistance, and gloss retention are slightly worse. Can account for epoxy resin and alkyd resin to prepare primers and indoor paints with different properties. The main features include:
- The price is cheap and the raw materials are sufficient.
- The molecular structure of urea formaldehyde resin contains polar oxygen atoms, so it has good adhesion to the surface. It can be used as primer and intermediate coating to improve the adhesion between topcoats.
- Because it can be cured at room temperature when using acidic catalysts, it can be used for two-component wood coatings.
- The paint film cured with urea-formaldehyde resin has good flexibility.
- Urea formaldehyde resin has a higher viscosity, higher acid value and poor storage stability.
can be used for products that do not require high water resistance and dielectric properties, such as patch panels, switches, machine handles, instrument housings, knobs, daily necessities, decorations, mahjong tiles, toilet lids, and can also be used for the manufacture of some tableware.
Urea formaldehyde resin is the most used variety in adhesives. Especially in the manufacture of various wood-based panels in the wood processing industry, urea formaldehyde resins and their modified products account for about 90% of the total amount of adhesives.